Monday 28 March 2011

InDesign Workshop Brief: Thumbnails.



Designing and sketching thumbnails of the DPS InDesign layout for Beth's "interview" page. I scaled the page down to get acurate proportions to worth with- and fitting nine thumbnails on each page, I sketched a total of forty-five today, which has given me a wide breadth of design ideas and possibilities for development, along with my design context research on magazine layouts (http://s-wilson1013-dc.blogspot.com) I sourced and blogged yesterday.

I generated a wide variety of layouts and styles- some very formal and structured, with others in far more randomised and de-constructivist styles. Although I hope to play around with many different layouts and forms when I put the type and image into InDesign, I generally preferred the more simplistic, or "classic" layouts (seen in the later designs on this post)- as they looked more crisp and clean, which would reflect beth's illustrative style well, and compliment her precision and accuracy in her designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment