Tuesday 8 March 2011

InDesign Workshop: Beth does Design...


After talking a little more with Beth, we felt that whilst the quickfire answer session was quite fun, we felt that there wouldn't be quite enough content for a full article, but the content and information we had already sourced about one another would be useful perhaps in introductorary sections.
We both talked about different ideas for what we would like to read about one another, and thought it would be a good chance to express what we love about design, and why we have chosen that path...here is the text (as written by Beth) I will work with and add to to create my article...

"
Ever since I was small, I've been drawing and making things. I remember my first pair of scissors were bright yellow and shaped like a clown. I think the first time I really consciously got into drawing was around the age of 10. I really wanted some posters of my favourite Pokémon so decided to draw them myself. Ever since I was hooked. I also became fascinated with video game concept art. I'd make up my own characters and constantly strived to improve my drawing technique, making things just so I could decorate my walls.
I knew from starting high school that I wanted to study graphics at GCSE, and my love of the subject has grown since. Although my main passions are image based design and pattern, my time at university has given me a new appreciation for typography. It has also opened my eyes to the vast application of Graphic design and has inspired me to really push the development of my work. Most importantly however it has allowed me to have fun – nothing is worth doing if you don't enjoy doing it.

"

I really do feel lucky to work with Beth- she's such an expressionate, bright, happy and enthusiastic person I will really enjoy expressing and communicating her vibrant personality in my designs (thumbnails to come soon!)

POSSIBLE PHOTOS TO USE

I love all of Beth's designs, but these I felt would be most appropriate to her statement, my plans for colour scheme (warm reds, yellows, oranges) and structure. Not all will be used, but for the moment, I hope to keep my options open before I fully understand my double page spread layout...

All designs copyright of Beth Yates.








Ideally, I'd also like to add a photograph of Beth...we may need to take a few more photos for clarity, but here are  a few of my favourite existing images!
...


No comments:

Post a Comment