Friday 11 March 2011

Leeds Contemporary Artist's Book Fair, 2011.



Today was the first day of the Leeds Contemporary Artist's Book Fayre (running over the 11th and 12th of April), and at 11 o' clock I crossed the road from my Uni to the Parkinson building and was amazed at the wonderful art work on offer.
With our Graphic Design class being represented on a stall, it was really exciting to be part of something so vibrant and entreprenurial- the idea of selling at craft shows for the rest of my life is my idea of heaven!


I splashed the cash (art and design work is the best kind of treat!) and bought myself a lovely selection of items (shown above) and even got some freebies to boot (I have more illustrative postcards on my wall than I have hot dinners in a month!).

I also feel really happy to know that at least two of my 'Ways To Say I Love You' books have been sold- as reported by a graphic design spy (aka Joe Warburton). Very happy indeed- a really great event, which I would love to get even more involved in next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment