Sunday 23 October 2011

What is design for print//ISSUU considerations.


Having posted my first draft of my 'Issuu' print handbook design previously on my Design Practice blog, I have now had the chance to go over it, along with all that I have learnt in this design for print module and assess the manual and how developed/under developed it is.
Initially "finished" in a mild panic over a feedback critique (that, consequently never happened) I'd really like to re-design, or, at very least, make additions to the book before the module hand in at the end of November. Instead of the condensed twenty-four pages that the manual currently has, I would like to add a great deal more content in a much more minimalist, and readable style.

Hopefully these additions will more effectively showcase all that I've learnt so far in this module, and be a more effectively design outcome in terms of style and griding considerations.

The content I aspire to include is (I will sort into a chronological/workable order when re-designing the Issuu publication)...

PRINT/DESIGN TECHNICALITIES

- Over printing
- Halftone
- Seperations
- RGB/CMYK
- Hexachrome
- Spot Colours
- PMS (Pantone Matching System)
- CMYK Gamut
- Spot Colour > CMYK Conversion
- Registration/Linen testers
- ISO Paper Sizes
- Document set up
- File format and fonts
- Print marks
- Mock ups/proofs
- Greyscale
- Monotone/Duotone
- Format and Imposition

PRINT PROCESSES

- Litho
- Gravure
- Screen Print
- Flexo
- Spot UV Varnish
-  Pad
- Six colour
- Laminate (gloss/matt)
- Foil blocking
- Emboss/deboss
- Trapping
- Binding
- Die cut
- Fold/crease

COSTINGS

- Quotes
- Units
-  Additional charges

STOCK 

- Stock gsm
- Stock finish (gloss/silk/matt/coated/uncoated)

PANTONE BOOKS

- Solid coated
- Solid uncoated
- Colour bridge (RGB/CMYK)
- 4 colour process coated
- 4 colour process uncoated


GLOSSARY

No comments:

Post a Comment