Sunday 30 October 2011

Design Production for Print//Mailshots- Developing Ideas.


Having spent the past few days sketching up initial ideas and concepts for my product development, I was really happy today to get on the Mac and start working on Illustrator to start bringing some ideas to life in preparation for the feedback sessions on Thursday, in which my work, and ideas, will first be shown fully.


Having established my colour palette, I "assigned" one colour, for initial designs to each of my mailshot packs (one for each of the films being shown at the festival)- adding my original logo choice colour PANTONE 2935 U for 'The Royal Tenenabums' pack. 
Each mailshot will have a clear window at the front (acetate lined on the interior) with a space for the recipients address on the back- inside will be a small wallet with a repeat-pattern illustration (yet to be done...) representative of each of the films- e.g snake/lime for Darjeeling, etc- and inside this wallet will contain a double-sided ticket- one side featuring an image/pattern from the film, the other, necessary information about the screening.


Experimenting with both monotone and greyscale images, I found a way, finally, that I could successfully incorporate existing screen shots into my own designs in a unique and considered style. I found the greyscale worked far more effectively in contrast to the solid flooded colours- and would look great duplexed onto the solid sheet of colour. However, the image really does play a huge impact on the composition of the image as a whole- particularly including the logo (this could perhaps be featured elsewhere?)- needs more consideration. Definitely one to experiment more with in the next few days- getting my mailshots finished and starting my range of designs a great priority at the minute, to be worked on and posted on my blog asap.


Developing ideas- the dotted frame ensures consistency in the mailshot design- also adding to the cinematic feel- both acting as a frame around the acetate and visually communicating the style of bulbs around the mirror- an old Hollywood glamour and prestige which will be fun to reflect in both my designs, and the style of the Picture House in which the Festival will be located too.

No comments:

Post a Comment