Sunday 30 October 2011

Design Production for Print//Final logo development.


Having decided to simplify my concept (so as not to get blinded by what I'm actually communicating...) I once again returned to my logo designs to ensure that I had a solid design and concept that I could apply to my promotional and branding media. Returning to the banner/blue logo theme, I experimented with various shapes, compositions, etc.


This time, I also included a combination of typefaces to add interest and slightly more award-like flare and sophistication. Experimenting here with 'Prelude' and 'Gruenewald VA'- both from www.dafont.com. I felt that Gruenewald worked wonderfully- and is quite similar to Wes' (and my own!) handwriting- as featured on my Design Context blog yesterday. It certainly gives the design a little more personal feel to it, and added character without detracting away from Wes' trademark use of Futura.


The final logo selected- as  can be seen above (and highlighted in the red box two images above). In the original PANTONE 2935 U colour with 75% opacity for the banner ribbon strips, and the monochrome alternative- black with 75% greyscale opacity for the banner ribbon strips.


Typefaces used in the design- I'm really happy with these typefaces- I think they work well together, and look forward to applying them to my designs and product developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment