Wednesday 12 October 2011

Concept Rationale//Product Considerations.


Brainstorming ideas for a potential audience proposal in my concept rationale for the 'Design Production for Print' module (Good Is.... THE FILMS OF WES ANDERSON).

WHAT IS MY PRODUCT?
(Potential ideas fitting to my theme/Wes Anderson's films)

1// Film guide accompaniment- booklet with info about Wes' films- summaries, statistical information.
2// Re-branding/design DVD covers- special editions (print finishes, considered design).
3// Branding for hypothetical Wes film festival.
4// Information Graphic cards- a Wes "top trumps" (infographic Illustrations about the films/film guide game).
5// Film Festival retrospective... Promotional printed media, publication and merchandising.
6// Infographics publication about Wes' films- statistical data, summaries, character bios- an in-depth guide to his filmography.
7// Printed series of zines about Wes' films- Illustrative guide/Graphic Novel-esque. Looking at character profiles, auteur qualities within films.
8// Re-branding of Wes film OST CD's/MP3 file artwork design.
9// Infographic Poster Series about Wes Anderson's films.
10// Promotional publication about Wes Anderson's films.

I will now go on to apply the choice which I deem most fitting (highlighted in bold) to my whole concept rationale, to be posted on this blog as soon as possible. 


* Whilst, at the current time, I am really passionate about publication and book design, I feel this may be quite a narrow path to follow in terms of possible design outcomes, and I could also quite easily intergrate this as part of my concept design development (a programme of the event?). I'm really looking forward to seeing the range of designs and media I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment