Monday 31 October 2011

Design Production for Print//Dimensions of my products.



Beginning to develop an idea of dimensions and scales for my printed production outcomes- and a suitable scale to be working with within any software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe, etc). Using both my design sketches and proportional print (existing print) to generate ideas for scales.

Also, I have complied a list of products to make for my final design outcome, to help me focus my design ideas to a specific range of outcomes. There are as follows:

- Mailshot (Mailshot card, Mailshot wallet, Mailshot exterior wallet, RSVP Mailshot, Info Booklet- 100mmx150mm)
- Pull out pocket-size directional map (A3//folded down)
- Stationary directional map (A3)
- Entry Ticket (Ticket to screenings, 25mmx50mm//6 versions/styles- one for each of the films)
- Wayfinding and signage (exterior- scale not yet specified)
- Wayfinding and signage (interior to Picture House- scale not yet specified)
- Billboard (3.1x6.1m)
- 6 Sheet Poster (Street/Train Station advertising- 1.2x1.8m)
- Programme (A5 x6 versions- one for each film plus wes edition- all presented in programme wallet case)
-  A6 flyers (General promotional material- hand outs)
- Sticker sheet (A6)
- Tote bags (Need to measure dimensions...)
- T Shirt (Sized accordingly)
- "Snack box" cinema food holdall for festival (need to distinguish packaging style and measurements...)
- Popcorn box (See above)
- Juice box (See above)
- Sweet box (See above)
- Ice Cream Pot (See above)

LOTS to do... but really excited about it. I'm feeling happy with my designs at the moment, and hope that it progresses as I explore not only the design style, but also dimensions, stocks, and, of course, print finishes.

KEY TASK FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS:
- Design food merchandise packaging
- Create a consistent style/brand for the entire range
- Prep all my work so far for feedback session on Thursday- and have some examples printed in full colour/packaging made up, etc.
- GET A MOVE ON WITH THESE DESIGNS

No comments:

Post a Comment