Saturday 29 October 2011

Design Production for Print//Further development sketches.


In terms of designs and concepts, today felt a great deal more positive than yesterday- and I'm finally starting to form a real style or direction for my work, and feel a great deal more confident about producing initial designs and mock ups in regards to presenting them to the feedback crit on Thursday morning.


(Both today and yesterday I would have much preferred to have uploaded my images as an Issuu document- but the files were too large- damn high res camera and damn too low res scanner... I can't win). 

A definite progression of ideas today- namedly that I have decided to remove any name from the festival so as not to distract me from the main area of communication- the Wes Anderson film festival. Also, I have been looking at various sources of existing design (see my Design Context blog for more details) which have really inspired me, and encouraged me to, despite what I said yesterday, experiment with vector illustration- it's not a comfort zone, I think, along with my design ideas, it may just work- and would definitely make me feel like less of a "cheat". 

Designs I will be creating will have a strong use of Futura, but also experimenting with my own hand-rendered type (and experimenting with my Graphics tablet) with high-end print finishes and innovative folds and die cuts. Can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment