Tuesday 1 November 2011

Design Production for Print//Steve Zissou-inspired Mailshot Wallet.


Starting to develop my pattern making (as a first-time pattern maker!) with decorative- and informed vector illustrations inspired by each of Wes' films to act as interior mailshot wallets for my Wes Anderson film festival promotional design, these patterns, of course, for 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'.
I've found the whole process really fun and engaging- constructing the simple alternating pattern and utilising spot colours in my designs (choosing red, white and blue here- distinctively 'Life Aquatic' colours). Ideally, I want to keep the colours minimal to ensure that the consistency works throughout the entirety of my mailshot range, and to ensure that the style works throughout.
My favourite style from this range (above) is probably the bottom right hand-corner ninth artboard, though the middle top row is also a favourite- and the simplicity would work throughout the range of designs- need to expand this across the film range now- and keep up with all other elements of design in the brief in preparation for my feedback session on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment