Saturday 24 November 2012

Design Practice III//UK Greetings & YCN 2013 Proposed Brand Development.



Making a good start in regards to my design development for the brand proposal for the UK Greetings/YCN 2013 brief, in which we have to develop our own signature card brand to fit within the UK Greetings overarching company brand. 

Whilst starting writing down ideas for brand names, I was listening to one of my favourite bands, Belle & Sebastian, when their track with actress, Carey Mulligan, 'Write About Love' started to play, and I felt instantly inspired, with the title fitting in so perfectly with my aspirations to create typographic/calligraphic design cards with sentiments of love in it's many forms (friendship, parent-child, romantic, etc). After generating some simple designs by hand, going along the lines of a pen nib with a heart as the vent hole in the pen nib head, and potentially also having a heart shape above, representing the ink, with a combination of uppercase and script based font as the written type logo, something quite simple and effective that I believe could work well in a range of colours and print finishes (particularly embossing, which is something I would potentially like to explore, time permitting). I will now go on to experiment and start generating vector-based designs in Adobe Illustrator for print.

No comments:

Post a Comment