Thursday 29 November 2012

Design Practice III//University of Leeds Ballet Society Hoodie Order.





Sent through on Tuesday, the invoice for the order of the University of Leeds Ballet Society hoodies through Suffolk-based embroidery company, Touchline.

Although the order was a little smaller (around 1/3 the size) than originally discussed and intended, Jamie at Touchline was still really great and helped us out with a free delivery and no additional art work costs (usually £30), as well as (putting up with me...) bartering down the delivery date from the 11th to the 7th, so, hopefully, I should have time to photograph and print the designs on boards for my module submission, as well as being able to submit the hoodie itself as a working proof for this point.

Really looking forward to seeing the textile prints coming through, as something completely new for me in regards to my portfolio and experience with design printing.

Working with live briefs has really opened me up to new experiences in my professional development, and now feel much more confident when it comes to talking to printers and discussing my wants and needs for project deliverables. So happy to have been able to learn something new, and, hopefully, continue to do this through my FMP work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment