Saturday 24 November 2012

Design Practice III//UK Greetings 'Write About Love' Logo Development.




Continuing on from my quick, hand-rendered logo design developments, I went on to create a vector-based design for the UK Greetings/YCN brief, with the proposed title, 'Write About Love'.
After a little experimentation, I found that simplicity was (as often is) the most effective, and using a clean vector based style balanced well with a wide-kern sans serif type (again, like a great deal of my work recently) using Avenir, with the words 'Write' and 'Love' in Heavy, with 'About' in Regular, visually emphasising the subject matter of love/writing, along with the visual aid of the pen nib with the heart-shaped vent.

Also, experimenting with a variety of different colours (as I will with my rendered designs for the card content themselves), I found that a reversed-out white on colour definitely looked the most effective, and really popped against the colour, and being an effective use of the colour's negative space. Taking this into consideration, I may result in white type on the cover of the cards for visual consistency, and, therefore, may result in looking to screen printing to achieve the desired results, which could add a really tactile print finish, or, indeed, look to professional print methods in order to achieve a high-gloss, high-end finish that would be really desriable.

See examples of development and thought process as shown in the Issuu PDFs below.


No comments:

Post a Comment