Monday 8 October 2012

Design Practice III//Day 1 Ballet Society Vector Logo Development.



A collection of developmental work from today's first session of logo vector development of the University of Leeds Ballet Society brand.
After my experience working in branding studios over the summer, I definitely feel I have made a great deal of progress in my logo generation compared to this time last year (whereupon this task would be overwhelmingly intimidating), and enjoyed the task a great deal- achieving some designs I was actually quite happy with from the day (to be shown in following posts on my Design Practice blog).

Starting with an Art Deco style, as inspired by both my hand rendered design developments and vintage posters, which can be found on my Design Context blog, I moved on to a more contemporary design using Avenir with wide kerning and uppercase style for a bold, contemporary, and timeless design which I really grew to like, and feel would work really well over a range of both digital and web based media.

Also, towards the end of the development session for the day, I also applied the design to two photographic images, sources found here and here (from the Dutch and New York Ballet, respectively) to show the logo in situe as it may appear on the aforementioned print/digital media, and was pleased with some of the outcomes. Really looking forward to developing the logo and taking it further, as well as getting feedback from the client, Ballet Society President, Carys.

No comments:

Post a Comment