Friday 2 November 2012

Design Practice III//YCN Briefs Released.



YCN

Screenshots from today's released YCN briefs, which I have been very excited about as I can now continue to go on to develop my fourth significant brief, and have enjoyed reading through the new briefs with great interest.

Along with the brief guidelines and an overview of each of the briefs on the main menu page, I have gone on to select the briefs of interest (due to the project outcomes/brands proposing the briefs), which include:

* British Eurosport
* Ella's Kitchen
* Lego
* Marriott Hotels & Resorts
* Royal Court Theatre
* UK Greetings
* Very

***

For me, the two briefs that really caught my attention were the Lego brief, for the real potential for creativity and fun, and also a great love of the brand, having worked on some personal Lego-inspired design work in the past, and the UK Greetings brief, in which the brief asks for a range of greetings cards to be designed.

Although I would love to work on the Lego brief, and would like to continue to do so in my FMP brief, I feel the extent of which I would like to explore the brief is too great in regards to my current workload.

Therefore, I have decided to work on the UK Greetings card brief. As I already have experience with designing greeting cards throughout my freelance practice (see my PPD blog for more examples), I feel like I would really like to explore this through a project context, and explore the brief further. Also, the company is West Yorkshire-based, so I feel, if I were to create a successful range of outcomes, it could potentially lead on to future design work, and would be something really exciting to explore in a professional design context.

Throughout the next couple of days, I'll work on re-writing the brief in order to produce a more significant and well-rounded range of project outcomes, see my Design Practice blog for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment