Sunday 4 November 2012

FMP//Chris Luk Animation Personal CV Development.



Although I won't have the opportunity to start working with Chris Luk, a third year DFGA Animation student from Leeds College of Art, who I initially proposed to work with for the Design Practice III module, until my FMP project, I have still maintained my word in regards to trying to help him as much as possible with his work, and, in particular, to his self promotion as much as possible until that point, especially considering his ambition to make regular contact with studios and whilst he looks for potential work experience and employment opportunities.
An opportunity arose this week for Chris to apply for a placement at acclaimed US Animators, Laika, and despite being away on a placement myself, I sent Chris a copy of my creative CV to look at (which was developed throughout the PPD module last year, and is an ongoing development) in regards to content to consider adding, and the fact that he should approach the company showcasing his research and true interest with them, which has gone on to develop further in regards to his visuals, eg, colour palette, application of imagery.
Although, of course, lots of changes could be made in regards to layout and overall brand and design conception, it's a great start to see Chris being proactive, and I look forward to working with him a lot more in the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment