Thursday 29 March 2012

Design Practice II//Pre-Easter briefing with Fred.



Notes from today's pre-Easter briefing with Fred.
A summary of our academic year so far, things to look forward to, and tasks to complete over Easter.


NEXT BRIEF (See moodle)


- Design Practice II, Pt. II
- Look at online live briefs (just past) to work on, and develop from- ISTD, D&AD, YCN, etc. Will write my own personal adaptions of these briefs to create my own project brief and outcome(s) until the end of the academic year (May 25th).
- Start thinking about my own practice and what I want to do- common disciplines and practices within the industry.
- What I am interested in developing and how can I write a brief to adhere to this?
Categories to work on include:


* Publishing & Editorial
* Information & Wayfinding
* Branding & Identity
* Product & Packaging
* Retail & Promotion


- How do I combine these categories? Focus on ONE as a starting point, to then go on to cover a wide range of areas.


OVER EASTER


- RESEARCH these areas of work and make decisions and direction as to the design path I want to follow.
- Select a range of briefs, ONE FROM: D&AD, YCN, ISTD PLUS ONE OTHER BRIEF (ONLINE-PENGUIN??)

No comments:

Post a Comment