Saturday 10 March 2012

Image//D&AD & Rain//Concept development.


Starting to work on brainstorming and concept development for the D&AD brief- the KesselsKramer lecture which, in the brief deliverables, proposes that we make an (upto) A2 poster design which promotes why Britain's rain is a beautiful thing.
I wanted to get some ideas quickly noted down, so made a concept development map/sheet of all of the "rain positives" I had generated from my previously undertaken survey (which can be found on my Design Practice blog), as well as a few ideas of my own- such as water fights, the patterns raindrops make on a window, etc. However, my favourite one, and the design I think I could have a lot of fun with is the visual representation of Gene Kelly and the classic film 'Singin' in the Rain', which, of course, I'm sure we've all tried to emulate at one time or another (the scene in which Kelly swings around a lampost in the pouring rain, singing and dancing)... research and design developments start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment