Saturday 10 March 2012

Image//D&AD & Rain//Initial Designs.




Starting my initial design developments for the D&AD/Rain poster KesselsKramer brief as part of the Image module, sadly, not being able to spend as much time as I would have liked on the overall design due to other commitments within Uni and various projects. Knowing that I wanted to continue with my Gene Kelly/Singin' in the Rain concept, I started playing around with a colour palette- looking at half tones and Adobe Kuler for inspiration (see images below) to get a good range of blue and grey tones to begin to work with.




My initial design development and overall outcome idea was originally inspired by the idea of becoming Gene Kelly when the rain starts to pour, and acting/playing this role... somehow (in my warped mind) this led to the idea of paper dolls that you could cut out and dress up...therefore becoming different, as if they too were someone/something else. I decided to continue with this visual concept and outcome in a bold, vector-based style, showcasing the key elements of the famous scene in Singin' in the Rain in which Gene  Kelly starts to sing and dance in the pouring rain, and dancing upon and around a lamppost.



Experimenting with a couple of different textures, backgrounds, and developing the key props and illustrations for the design which can be found within the famous scene. Reasonably happy with the design, but it looks a little messy at the moment... and not very well structured. I'm sure that the following feedback session from Image, and the opinions of others, will be really useful in generating more ideas and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment