Friday 9 March 2012

Design Practice II//YCN//Graze//Graze Box II.



My second Graze box arrived this afternoon- another good chance to develop some more research on the packaging, and a taste test for the products inside (and how to effectively promote them!). 


This time, more variations within the box- again, showing the inconsistency of the design (I believe they're trying to be fun and quirky, but they're just missing the mark... too messy and unorganised)- this time with a sunflower photograph background as opposed to apples, a different design on the  and, again, with a different message on the inner "spine" of the box. Also, unlike my first box, now only receiving one napkin/serviette (presumably I received two last time due to the olives and the brine/vinaigrette they were in potentially causing more mess) and no brown 'hello' booklet. I certainly think, due to cost and packaging, that this was a good choice on behalf of Graze. However, if we were to continue with our workplace vending machine idea, we would certainly have to reconsider how the 'hello' booklet information was distributed, as this "random generation" would take away from the "first time" experience- perhaps an office-based promotional distribution?


TASTE TEST//Verdict:

Tropical Daiquiri mix: Tasty and unique- the lime sultanas were certainly a new experience, and I can't get enough of their dried pineapple. Too good.

Bollywood blend: Tasty, and with the added benefit of the goji berry 'superfood'- a buzzword of health fanatics that would certainly appeal to the health-conscious Graze consumer.

Cherry tomato, basil & pesto deli topped focaccia: Quite potentially one of the most vile foods I have ever tasted. "Artisan bread" this is not. The sun dried cherry tomatoes were exquisite, but the oil-rich foccacia dough texture made me look twice as to whether or not I was in fact eating a damp sponge.

Honeycomb flapjack: Quite the reverse, perhaps one of the most DELICIOUS things I've ever eaten. Makes me wonder whey I've never considered making this before. Delicious, wonderful- probably because it'll be one of the highest fat and content items (naturally).

No comments:

Post a Comment