Monday 12 March 2012

Design Practice II//YCN/Graze//


After discussing my concerns with the colour palette with Charlie online today (unfortunately he couldn't make it into Uni) and discussed the idea of using orange and opossed to green for our main brand colour.
Charlie suggested that we perhaps try using five separate colours within a similar palette range to distinguish the five different boxes.
Although I have my concerns in terms of the overall branding and aesthetic of this outcome, I felt it was certainly worth a try, and once again returned to Adobe Kuler and swatches for inspiration and colour matching.


From a wide variety of swatches and palettes originally selected, I narrowed the set down to five colours which I felt were well balanced and worked well, keeping with the autumnal palette that has been researched, and, I believe, would work well with the Graze brand.


Considering the five boxes that Charlie and I have specified within the 'working lunch' brand of set meal boxes, I then went on to "assign" a colour to each of the boxes, with the character that was perhaps most suited to each-

SAVOURY PALETTE//LIGHT ORANGE (cream tones signifying nuts, seeds, pumpkin, etc)
SWEET TOOTH//BRIGHT YELLOW (acidic, bright, citrus, sweet)
WELLBEING//SAFFRON YELLOW (the colour of peace and harmony- eg, Buddhist robes, sunshine, bright)
ENERGY//BRIGHT ORANGE (vivid, eye catching and bright- full of energy!)
APPETITE//BURNT ORANGE (very close to traditional reds which signify hunger in colour psychology- rich, warm)

Again, I will discuss these design developments with Charlie tomorrow, so, hopefully, we can make more of an immediate progression with our designs (as I currently feel we need to step it up a gear to get as full and high-end a product outcome and well-rounded design module that we are hoping to achieve).

No comments:

Post a Comment