Tuesday 13 March 2012

Design Practice II//YCN/Graze//Colour palette & Existing Graze boxes.



After a discussion with Charlie today about colour palettes, we decided that it would be beneficial to see the colour in relation to the stock of the Graze box to see how effective a match they would be. 
This evening, I went onto Photoshop and used an existing photograph from one era of Graze boxes (the designs before the most current release, with white type as opposed to brown- which I, personally, think looks better!) traced over the white ink (very crudely to be time efficient!*) to put the colour palette into a more realistic context.
For me, I think the final colour palette that we have chosen (the first five designs after the initial white ink box) are a bit too vibrant alongside the kraft card brown stock. I then went on to use the "bread swatch" five colours to see if this would be more suited, and I personally think they are- a little less eye-grabbing, but the yellow, for instance, was quite off-putting. 
Again, I've sent Charlie a message about this to hopefully get a response asap, things aren't moving as quickly as I would like, but hopefully things will speed up a bit over the next few days!


* Please note- this is NOT an accurate depiction of my Photoshop skills... just a quick job to try and climb through the mountain of work to do... please don't judge. The final will be better than this. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment