Wednesday 4 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Silent Movie//Sequence II Experimentation.


My second design development sequence series from the Design Production for Digital 'Silent Movie' brief- in which I, once again, have chosen to visually communicate my word 'stretch'. Having developed my first sequence series (see previous Design Practice posts) in the way that I have, coming to this second sequence- I found that they were rather similar, therefore, as posted below, are the design developments and changes I have had to make as I've gone along- each documented and annotated with reflection of how I will improve these sequences once I returned to them with my improved software knowledge throughout the module.

IDEA DEVELOPMENT #1- As discussed above, now far too similar to my first design sequence- seems like a half-finished, half- hearted version. Although I would have liked to develop more sequences on hand-rendered story boards, at this late stage, I wanted to stay with the software and develop the sequence design as organically and promptly as I could.

IDEA DEVELOPMENT #2- Again, a little too similar to my first sequence... tried to make it more unique by adding a couple of elastic bungee- like bounces into the stretch, but, again, I wanted something a little more unique for the sequence series.

IDEA DEVELOPMENT #3- Decided to draw inspiration from my third sequence (I designed this one afterwards... not in numerical order!)- using the ascenders as my stretch motion. Quite liked this design, good bounce which reminded me of the retracting string of a yo-yo, potentially utilise this at a later stage? Again, however, schoolboy error- type didn't rise vertically enough before the end of the sequence- easily amended and styalised.

FINAL DEVELOPMENT- Quite happy with this final outcome- something a little different- again, reminding me of yo-yo strings after the initial stretch of the ascenders. Once again, I look forward to developing this further at a later stage in the module.

No comments:

Post a Comment