Wednesday 25 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//Final outcomes.




The collective set of photographic images showing the final designs for the 'type as image' project brief as close-up shots (will try and get full-scale shots with good lighting/a helpful assistant tomorrow morning). All in all, I'm quite happy with the results- and compared to last week, I spent a great deal more time developing my designs and exploring various outcomes. The least favourite of the designs in definitely the 'Brass Rubbing' poster- originally intended for screenprint, but unfortunately running out of time (considering the balance of other Uni modules) and the textures look a little too dark and messy- though still something new for me, and still a learning curve all the same. Although the '...Birds' feather typeface design is my favourite (suits my ornate yet minimalist taste, and is the most effective in terms of visual communication), I am really pleased that I got to experiment with laser cutting- I'm really happy with the finish and crisp cut it has produced (would probably have made the hairlines slightly thicker- 0.5 as opposed to 0.25?) and will certainly be using (and abusing) it more in the future, and hopefully within this image module.

* NOTE- Tried silver as well as gold for the laser cut design- but I think the gold works better in hindsight! That'll be the one submitted as my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment