Monday 30 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Initial DVD cover design ideas.



Generating some initial design ideas for my final hand in DVD cover design- which, in the module requirement, states that it sits fittingly with my design subject and outcome for the 'Design Production for Digital' module. My idea was to create a three- part design- an outer egg with a hinged mechanism which opens to reveal a DVD case (covered with a circular penguin-face sticker) and then the DVD inside of this.
After considering my design further, and considering the time left before the end of the module, I feel that the egg mechanism may be a little too difficult to make (would have to, most likely, be laser cut acrylic- sourcing materials/booking sessions on laser cutter may be restricted at such short notice), therefore I will have to look for further options.
However, I still like the idea of the penguin face sticker on the cover- the geometric, rounded shape suits my proposed (children aged 5-11) target audience, as well as the general style and consistency of my motion graphic outcomes. More designs to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment