Sunday 22 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//'I wish I could' hand-rendered type.



Today I began experimenting with hand-rendered different variations of the original Chopin Script Medium typeface to develop for my own type as image design with the pulled article quote 'I wish I could'. I chose the typeface to evoke a sense of magic and the visual communication of a style of fairy tales- where my inspiration for the design has been drawn (see my Design Context blog for more visual examples).
The images pictured below (top- bottom) show my progression through my designs in terms of strokes, weight of line, etc. Although I deterred from my initial idea of creating a Sleeping-Beauty like ivy and rose cut-out design, (see image example below- but would have to be developed further), it is definitely something I would like to try and come back to when applying digitally to see how affective this higher-impact visual would have in vector format.


No comments:

Post a Comment