Tuesday 24 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//Birds//Design.



This evening I worked upon finishing one of my three designs for the type as image brief within the image module- creating an illustrative type design for the pulled quote 'It has nothing to do with the number of birds', from last week's given 'This column will change your life' article from The Guardian.
Again, following on from blog posts yesterday- I went on to develop something quite different to what I had originally intended- and am really pleased with the change of heart as a consequence- designing my own typeface based around the existing Old Road Signs Font typeface I was previously set you use- and still found appropriate in this instance.
With downloaded vector feathers as my starting point, I went on to create quite a crude design (last night, image above) to get the rough idea of what visual outcome I wanted to achieve before editing the illustrative details and lettering today- experimenting with colour and composition until I created a design I was happy with (the last image of the post)- a left-aligned type with soft black on white (too high contrast doesn't really add to the soft, organic lines of the feathers)- whilst still hopefully looking well produced and crisp.
Again, something really different for me- by no means perfect, but a great experiment with exploring type- two more images left to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment