Wednesday 4 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Silent Movie//Sequence V Experimentation.


My final design sequence- #5... clearly getting a little more decisive and fast-paced than with my previous sequence designs. Originally, I had been inspired during the storyboard stage to create a motion piece with the concept of a feather floating down onto the floor from the height- but as you can see from further developments, the storyboard concept varied greatly in the final development. Again, with more time throughout the module, I will go back to storyboard my sequences more accurately, and, once again, build upon the concepts for a stronger, and more creative visual outcome.



INITIAL DEVELOPMENT #1- Based upon the exact storyboard and timings of my original sequence #5, however, when produced in After Effects, I came to realise that it wasn't a very effective visual communicator- looking far more like "spin" than "float" at this current stage. Perhaps, at a later date, with the development of the skills working with depth of field and camera effects the result would be a lot more appropriate in it's visual outcome to my original concept design.



INITIAL DEVELOPMENT #2-Again, a little disheartened by the result of my first experiment, I went on to try something completely different- and got bored half way through... Here a concept where the letterforms drop from a height into water to float and bob on the surface- looked a little too messy and unorganised, and felt it lost strength in it's visual communication.

 

FINAL DEVELOPMENT- My final design- after a little work, I am quite pleased with this outcome. Although very simple, I think that the timings are considered and work well, as well as successfully meeting the original plans of my storyboard (albeit that it was originally for sequence #4...). Inspired by balloons getting "picked" up on the wind- with an increasingly rapid diagonal descent off the top from off the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment