Wednesday 25 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//I wish I could.



Design developments for my final A1 type as image "I wish I could" quote design in which I experimented with developing the Chopin Script typeface to create a calligraphic, script style- inspired by the covers of fairytale books, where, of course, wishes are a prominent feature (and often come true).
Styling my hand-rendering type (shown in a previous post photographically) up into vector form, I experimented with colour- thinking that gold on black would work quite well to emulate the "fairytale" gold leaf style. Originally, I planned for something far more ornate- in the image below, starting to apply leaves/ivy, though I felt this might get a bit too illustrative- and wanted to work solely with type to really get out of my illustration comfort zone- and I'm happy I stuck by that decision. The image at the bottom of the post shows my final stage ready to be laser cut (the method of delivery I have chosen for this design- black overlaying gold) for Thursday's image hand in and feedback session.


No comments:

Post a Comment