Tuesday 3 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10...//Lost & Found by Oliver Jeffers.


Photographs taken from the pages of Oliver Jeffer's 2005 (Harper Collins) publication 'Lost and Found', for research for visual communication and design development of my subject matter of penguins with my 
'Top 10 Things...' project.
Oliver Jeffers has been one of my favourite illustrators for sometime, with a particular interest and focus on illustration for children, and remembering his publication, 'Lost and Found' gave me inspiration
for my chosen subject matter.
As the pictures, documented and photographed below, show, Jeffer's style is very soft, youthful and produced using watercolours. For my design, target audience, and content, I want to make something as equally child-friendly, but a little more graphic/infographic like in visual outcome, but definitely a good basis of research, nevertheless.

No copyright is, of course, intended with the photographing and publishing of these images.


* Close up shot of the Emperor Penguin, one of the central characters within the story- showing how effectively illustrative minimalism can work- not a lot of detail at all, but the iconic colouring, shapes and form of the penguin species is distinct and easily recognisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment