Wednesday 11 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Typeface changes.



Along with a slight alteration to my colour palette, I decided to also reconsider my typography choice(s) through the motion graphics designs. Although I was happy using Futura Bold and Light Italic, I felt that it was perhaps a little too formal and geometric for my younger target audience, and wanted something that looked a little friendlier and rounder (like the subject matter...penguins!).


After testing a couple of new typefaces I downloaded and applied to existing designs, I found that BPreplay Regular and Italic were my favourites, as the typeface was fun without being too illustrative, legible and readable in sans serif and also has consistent letterforms- unlike Hiruko where the 'M' and 'N', along with others are slanted and make for uncomfortable reading. Very happy with my new type choice, and feel it is more appropriate now I am starting to specify particular details in my designs, and will now apply this throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment