Saturday 14 January 2012

Image//Editorial//Brain-storming.



Brainstorm sheets in my Image module sketchbook- generating ideas for this week's brief, working on Editorial design to sit alongside articles from 'The Guardian Weekend' newspaper. Due to the short time from the brief, I won't be able to generate as much work/research as I would normally like to do within my design briefs, though I will do my best to cover the range of criteria needed in terms of both grades and my personal development.

My key ideas for each of the individual articles are (highlighted in bold is the main idea I will persue for this brief, visually and by researching):

RELATIONSHIP MATHS

- Heart symbol made up of x2 protractors and x2 set squares (Illustrative)
- Alegrabic formula made up of heart symbols (Illustrative)
- Play on 'mutual friends' icon from Facebook
- Play on 'In a relationship with...' Facebook icon

DOCTOR, DOCTOR

- Aged white blood cells vs "youth" cells- "bloody kids!" (Illustrative) *
- Photograph of medicine cabinet with white blood cells playing inside (Photographic & Illustrative)
- White blood cell lifting weights (leopard print leotard and moustache?) (Illustrative)
- Typographic 'DOC+OR, DOC+OR' * (Typographic/Illustrative) *

THIS COLUMN WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE...

- Recycling logo on bottle- body of plane (Illustrative)
- Payroll clerk at reciept till, looking bemused (Photographic)
- Paper plane made out of £ notes (Illustrative/Photographic)

* Still can't quite decide between these two- I'll, time permitting, work on both and see which produces the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment