Tuesday 10 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Motion Graphics//Aesthetic Inspiration.


Before making my five presentation boards, I wanted to take a closer look at a broader range of inspiration sources, and to fully consider my visual outcomes and aspirations for my own motion graphic designs. Below, I have sourced a variety of videos, each linked and annotated with personal thoughts/reasons for inspiration below.

 

http://vimeo.com/22182794 


Another great video- very simply done, in a flat vector style, but good consideration for colour palette, which will be a necessity in my own designs. The narration and soundtrack really makes this one- a really important point to consider, that the soundtrack/foley/narration can make or break an animation- don't leave it until the last minute to make my decision.



http://vimeo.com/17595392

Again, superbly executed concept and transition between key frames- subtle, but clearly considered and very effective as a result. Love the bold, informative pictogram style- works really well when translating a message/information- clear and visually communicative without loosing the message- 
a definite inspiration for my own work.



http://vimeo.com/34121377

Clever video- initially sourced and researched for the walking motion as a resource when developing my own animation (animals and people walking are notoriously difficult to animate well), though a fun concept, discovering later in the video, to transform the recognisable penguin sketch into a more geometric shape- showing how they can still be visually communicative and representative, even in a more abstract form. 



Wonderfully informative and wonderfully styled vector-based infographics motion graphics piece. Again, the narrative works wonderfully well with the seamless design- full of content and a wonderful balance between varying textures visual materials (photography, vector, etc) and image/type- definitely an outcome to aspire to.




http://vimeo.com/30516364

Absolutely inspired by this video- has taken me on a solid concept and direct path of what I want to achieve in my own designs-  it really achieves everything that I aspired to put forward in my own motion graphics designs- illustrative imagery of the penguins themselves, information and trivia, and infographic pictogram designs- really perfect- 100% following this design direction now (but with my own style, of course), so glad I saw this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment