Monday 23 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//Laser cutting induction.



This morning I was lucky enough to (finally!) get a laser cutting induction (having told myself constantly in first year that I should get one...)- luckily getting a place after one of the original signed-on students didn't show, which was a great opportunity for me. 
For one of my type as image designs, I wanted to create an intricate paper-cut design, however, I felt that both my skill and time were certainly limited to achieve such a piece- and that laser cutting would be a much better option.
In the hour and a half workshop, I learnt a great deal about the variety of outcomes that can be achieved- as well as how to programme the cutter itself- creating my own little 'TEST' test piece of acrylic (which can be seen in the photograph directly above). I've got a session booked up for Wednesday- giving me time to finish the design before Thursday's project hand in- exciting times (For more details and information- see notes below, along with blue information pack given at the induction).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment