Tuesday 3 January 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10...//Nat Geo Wild Ident Screengrabs.





Researching examples of ident screengrabs from the Nat Geo Wild channel, the channel I have chosen to propose my programme 'Top 10 Things To Know About Penguins...' to be broadcasted on, and which I will brand my idents and title sequence for. 
Currently, the designs are quite in depth and photographic (examples shown below), though there are some instances of animation- what looks like a combination of After Effects and Cinema 4D (for this project I will be solely using After Effects), so there's potential to make a more vector-based design to sit alongside the existing idents. Ideally, I would have chosen to broadcast my programme on 'Nat Geo Junior', though feel that the broadcasting countries (not yet in many English-speaking countries) would restrict my visual communication and translation and move away from the "live brief" feel of the project.
I will go on to research and link examples of Nat Geo Wild idents in motion graphics/video format on a later blog post to see whether my designs would still suit, and feel relevant to the channel's existing style and visual outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment