Saturday 21 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//I wish I could//Typeface.



Having previously chosen to work with Chopin Script Medium as my primary- source typeface for my 'I wish I could' type as image quote (see my Design Context blog for further information, annotation and reasoning)- I once again experimented with the composition and design of the type to see how it was most visually communicative in terms of it's case, pt size, etc. 
Because I am yet to add the necessary embellishments and develop the typefaces further to my own, more original design, choosing the layout and composition at this time is a little difficult- however, I want to work quickly and efficiently to ensure that the ideal design can be produced in a short space of time (thinking potentially of laser cutting, which may take a lot of preparation, pre- booking, etc)- therefore, went on to experiment with potential outcomes.
The layout chosen (so far) is the design at the very bottom of the post with the last screenshot- with each of the words in title case on separate lines- therefore, not too condensed in terms of the ascender, descender and stroke embellishment as well as  ensuring that the two 'I's' are not directly above each other- which I feel makes the design look at little right-hand heavy and unbalanced- more pictures to come of my design development asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment