Wednesday 1 February 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Ident 4 Experiments, 'Dive'.


Starting to move on (slowly but surely) to my second ident design- the fourth designed in my original storyboards, this sequence narrative focuses on 'dive' and the fact that penguins can hold their breath for up to fifteen minutes under water- working intensely through After Effects, I am progressively working at an increased pace and speed- for time constraints and familiarity with the software- so now there will be less screenshots and more immediate render tests.


Starting to find gathering and organising my assets a lot easier now- getting work produced much faster and with a slightly more critical and educated eye. I've used the identical timings and audio track as used in my previous ident- I had played around with it a little to begin with, but I feel that consistency would be more effective- in terms of tempo and rhythm, the track is relatively consistent, therefore, small differences wouldn't be very distinctive- but perhaps appear as a mistake on my part in terms of trimming.
Penguin looks slightly awkward jumping here- and the logo and programme text isn't on screen long enough and too distracting by the vertical "float" at the end- would be better static with a longer timeline duration.

   

Definite improvement with the text and logo position key frame static at the end of the sequence- though the iceberg gets in the way of the text too much and without the other illustrative elements looks a little messy and clumsy- as if I've forgotten to change it's position at that time in the sequence. Stopwatch looks good- perhaps not as visually communicative as I would hope with the limited time frame, but the motion works well within the audio beats (which I marked through the Ctlr+8 command).

   

Moved the text over to see if this would work instead of removing the iceberg- but it really needs to go...

   

Altering the scale of my sky/sea/iceberg background when imported into After Effects, as the penguin dives into the sea the key frame position of the background moves upwards (vertically)- giving a clear blue background for the stopwatch/title elements of the sequence as well as adding the illusion of greater depth in the penguins jump- that's more like it!

   

Reasonably happy with this at the moment- not sure if there's enough going on/aesthetically engaging enough for my young audience (compared to my first ident made and previously posted- purposefully busy and fast-paced)- despite the short 10 second time frame, I need to make sure that it would engage and grab the attention of my proposed audience- as an idents purpose- to get the audience to watch the full programme itself. Need to come back to this after some more thought and development in other areas.


Again- slightly concerned that the design looks a little plain (in comparison to the relatively busy design of my previous final ident outcome), will try and obtain some more feedback and opinions to help distinguish any chances or direction necessary for the design whilst moving swiftly onto the last two as well as completing my 60-second title sequence design (and finishing my assets- the number seems to grow every day...).

No comments:

Post a Comment