Thursday 9 February 2012

Image//2D to 3D to 2D//Final Printed Design.



The final print out that I presented in this afternoon's image session- obviously (from the photograph shown in a previous post) not great quality- a quick A3 print out from the mac suite, though I hope during reading week I'll be able to pop down to the digital print room to get a much higher, photographic quality print (on photographic paper to enhance the metallic reflection of the sprayed paper, as photographed).
Reasonably happy with the design (lots more that I could do with it- particularly in terms with set dressing/creating the atmosphere of a disco) though the character is true to my initial concept and ideas, so I'm pleased with how it turned out- and a great opportunity to work with paper craft, albeit simple, which is something that I particularly enjoy.
From the feedback from group mates in the session, I got some really good responses and the visual communication of my object was said to be clear and understood, hurrah! Time permitting, I may return to this project (before the module hand in) to once again work on the disco background/setting and perhaps work a little more with the Rubik's Cube design- perhaps adding split pins for added motion potential?

But, for now, Rudy the Rubik's Cube will just sit on my bookshelf being all content and smiley and what not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment