Sunday 5 February 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Development Storyboards.



Shown below are my set series of storyboards throughout my own independent study and progression on the 'Top 10 things' brief of the 'Design Production for Digital' module- working from the very initial ideas and sketches to what frankly looks like the work of a mad woman- scrawling and scribbling away, generating ideas as naturally and organically as possible.
The storyboards below show a combination of sequences for my series of four idents as well as my 60 second title sequence outcome(s). As I moved along throughout the days and weeks, as evidenced chronologically in my images, that I certainly became less structured in my idea generation- and my tendancy to be particularly anal about the way that I draw and illustrate was thrown aside which was something really new for me. Whilst the more recent storyboards may be anything but visually communicative to an onlooker, for me they really helped to get the ideas down as quickly as possible so they were fresh in my mind- and whilst I still obsess over small details and information (as shown in my initial storyboards), I will definitely embrace a freer, more fluid style of idea generation in the future.


Of course, since drawing these designs from the first week until just a couple of days ago, ideas have evolved greatly- and can be simply viewed as a starting point from which I went on to generate ideas digitally.


No comments:

Post a Comment