Monday 6 February 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Laser Cut Snowflakes.



The final results of my laser cut snowflakes made today- this time on the cut through setting and not engrave (like the idiot I am...). Originally cut onto white card, the snowflakes were quite blackened by the charcoal created by the laser burn- and cleaning them up with an eraser was too delicate a job and got easily broken- so I decided to have my very first attempt at spray painting and went to pick up a silver can after Uni- and I'm really pleased with the results- a really crisp, even coverage and a perfectly cut design that should sit really well amongst my packaging design as a decorative item- laser cutting and spray painting may well be my two new favourite things.


No comments:

Post a Comment