Monday 13 February 2012

Image//Book Works//Concept Development.



Before completing my finalised rationale for the 'Book Works' brief, I looked at various concepts and outcomes that I could produce for potential concept for the brief (under the categories of SHAPE, TYPEFACE, COLOUR, and SOUND). 


These notes were taken in the session as a generate brainstorm exercise- looking at where my ideas could potentially lead- before deciding on my final 'YELLOW' outcome (as highlighted in bold below).


COLOUR


* Yellow- The psychology of colour- photographic study/infographics.
* One colour plus stock illustration.


TYPEFACE


* Laser cut typefaces- wood.
* Futura- The mother of all typefaces.
* Type as image- food for thought.
* Type as image food, photography.


SHAPE


* Spirographs.
* Bauhaus.
* Geometry.
* Diamond.
* Triangle.
* Dodecahedron.
* Infographics shapes.
* Mazes & Labyrinths.


***


I have decided to stick to infographic design, perhaps with a little photography here and there, but I didn't want it to look to cliche, or like a print manual/colour chart- no bananas, please!
For my "yellow" research, I will be looking at these particularly areas to build on my design development:


TO DO


* Psychology of colour.
* Existing colours.
* Yellow in different cultures.
* Bookbinding & bookmaking techniques.
* Printers (to produce books).
* Create infographics.
* Publication, layout & packaging research.
* Yellow animals research.
* Yellow fashion research.
* "Blondes" research.

No comments:

Post a Comment