Thursday 2 February 2012

Image//2D to 3D to 2D//Brief & Rationale.


The brief and my written rationale for the design process and outcomes towards the project for this week (design deadline February 9th), '2D to 3D to 2D' (not- so cleverly saved as a PDF with the files in the wrong order... the scanning pro that I am...)- my rationale and concept for my three-dimensional design derived from an illustration that was developed from the object we initially proposed last week (then picked at random by our other classmates)- mine being a Rubik's Cube, along with a verb and an adjective- mine being 'twist' and 'happily'.
We then drew a quick ten-minute illustration placing our object in this scenario, which we must then go on to create in a three- dimensional set-up (to later go on to be photographed). 



I decided (as vaguely shown in the illustration I design above) to create a dancing Rubik's cube (mid-twist) in a disco-dancing like setting- disco ball and all. 
I intend to craft my three-dimensional design in paper craft, and use props and lighting effects to add to the "disco" atmosphere, to then go on to print out at A3 scale.


I have a laser cutting session booked for tomorrow, so will try my best to create all of my nets and papercut elements for then (to ensure that the design is neat and crisp- and time saving!), and gather my necessary research throughout the week.
Booking a photography studio immediately after the session, I am now reconsidering- perhaps just borrowing the studio lighting and working within my flat, where my low ceilings (unlike the studio) could provide any necessary assistance for strings to be attached to suspend my design mid-air.

No comments:

Post a Comment