Tuesday 7 February 2012

Design Production for Digital//Top 10//Title Sequence Layers.




One of the most important things I have learnt from working with in After Effects is the fundamental importance of working methodically and, if possible, chronologically. Because I was cutting in and out of the title sequence whilst creating my designs, the possibility of ease with working with nested compositions was very limited- therefore I ended up with over 100 layers, and, as a result, became very familiar with the spinning colour wheel of death (probably more so than I did work on my motion graphics designs...). However, I really enjoyed the process of working step by step through the software, and it felt as if I were achieving far more in a short space of time by being very organised- colour coding layers, for example, was essential- and I wouldn't have been able to complete my sequence in the time frame that I did without it.
The Issuu PDF document (above) showcases the multitude of layers in my title sequence design in a multitude of screengrab formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment