Saturday 5 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Audio Books.



As part of my product range for this brief, as well as having text-written books, I also wanted to make my design outcomes a little more realistic and appropriate to my vast target audience (school children within the UK aged 9-11)- baring in mind that some children, sadly, have disabilities and varying types of sight deficiencies and blindess where they may not be able to ready fully, if at all.
Therefore, I will also propose an audio version of the book series, to be distributed accordingly throughout the schools (as well as being available in the school libraries) as well as on the online forum and information centre for parents.
As audio books are most commonly found in mp3 or CD format these days, I will design the covers for a double pack of CDs (Pt 1 and 2 of the stories, as many of them would overrun the standard 90 minute recording time).
Looking at the format covers and booklets within two of my CDs by Bjork- I have decided to go for a gatefold style fold (two page) for my designs which will provide necessary information for parents about the book and scheme itself- nets and designs to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment