Thursday 10 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Book Dimensions (Trade).



Whilst going further in terms of my design outcomes today, and planning design drawings for my nets and folders for the reading scheme pack (which will be received by each school child), I discovered that the original "standard" format publication layout for InDesign template download was actually much larger than I thought (standard would be classed as) at 195.44 x 247.3 mm- discovering that what I was looking for to replicate the commonly found paperback format (approx. A5/ 210 x 148mm) was in fact the 'Trade' template, measuring 150 x 230mm, just over the dimensions of an A5 design.


Great for me as It'll save me a little money. Although I am printing solely in black and white in terms of my text and images throughout the book and my design range, I have decided to select the colour print option, as this will ensure that my designs are printed onto white stock (as opposed to cream), and therefore have the bold contrast I am hoping to achieve with my silhouette-like vector designs- as a result, costing me around twice the price, but still a considerable saving from what I previously thought I'd be paying out for- a good result 
all-round.


No comments:

Post a Comment