Sunday 13 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Making nets.



From the nets previously researched and documented in my previous blog posts, I made paper versions (scaled to fit onto an A4 printer sheet) to try and get a more realistic view of the nets, and how they could effectively contain all of the print media required for my reading pack. I felt that some of the designs worked quite well, but could have a little more imagination or creativity put into them in terms of the compartments, and so on.
The envelopes were fine, and I will continue to look at how I can develop these with applying my designs, however, the reading progress booklet template will need a little more work, and experimentation as I go along. I would like the style to be consistent with the printed book, yet different enough to show a clear distinction and purpose for the two items.


I really liked this net design, and the compartmentalised sections. When measured accurately for the correct dimensions of my printed media (so that the book, approximately A5 fits snuggly in the centre), I think it will work really effectively as an easy-to use, lightweight planner which will also look well designed and consistent to the illustrative and typographic style I will be using throughout my editorial design(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment