Sunday 13 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Body Copy for Book.



Having decided that I wanted to use the typeface Sofia Pro Light for my body copy within my book, I wanted to, before considering illustrations, make sure that the written content would be effective, legible, and easy to read considering my 9-11 year old target audience, the schoolchildren that will be given a copy of the book in the reading scheme.
To separate the paragraphs, as opposed to indentations, I decided to create a spacing between the dense blocks of text, which I felt not only looks neater, but as a result is easier to read, and helps the sans serif typeface to be more legible and readable (although the open-counter, geometric style, I believe is already quite legible and understandable).


A few experimentations in terms of justifying and paragraph design needed, especially with consideration for illustrative elements throughout (I will have a flushed page illustrative design on the page before the start of every story- trying to create a balance for an illustration on the left, the story starting on the right), need to get moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment