Wednesday 16 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Book Binding.



http://www.spinkandthackray.co.uk/


From the feedback and discussions after the crit today (feedback to be posted up/blogged asap!) one of the things that I talked about was how I really wanted my book to be professionally bound, and was dissapointed that I hadn't been able to send off my design in time to Blurb (due to illustrations not yet being completed), so I decided to look at any other potential source I could turn to- though, understandably, might not be able to get produced as time is now so limited.
I found a great looking book binder based in Leeds (within Burley Park, so really easy to get to) named 'Spink and Thackray' which are a family run, long established business with some really elegant looking designs, along with the ability to produce packaging and foil blocked designs- some great stuff.


I've sent an email on with some enquiries, so hopefully I'll hear back soon, but definitely a resource for the future, nevertheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment