Saturday 19 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Practicing with perfect binding.



This evening, I had a little experiment working with making some mock up perfect bind books, as it's something I haven't done in a month or two, and wanted to see if it still felt right for my finalised publication. 
I also tried out two different glues- having only used PVA before, I was curious to see if a stronger, toxic glue would fare any better, so bought a tube of UHU to try on my second makette.
After drying time and two applications of glue onto the spine, I was happy with both, and they were reasonably similar in terms of their level of binding success. I felt that the PVA worked slightly better in maintaining clean, open pages throughout the book as the stickiness of the UHU seeped onto a couple of pages which, when printed, could potentially cause damage.


I'll be sticking with the PVA for now (the first images shown), but a good experiment nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment