Tuesday 8 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Vector work.



Slowly but surely working on my illustrative designs for the Product/Range/Distribution brief. A little disappointed that I hadn't turned around my project and audience sooner, as now I certainly do feel a little behind in terms of the workload.
Initially, I knew that in order to get my Grimm's book published on Blurb, I would need it sent off packaged and complete by the end of the weekend in order to get everything in on time for the module deadline (though unfortunately not for the final crit... I'll have the PDF to demonstrate and all of my promotional materials, however).

As part of this high-demand process, I've had to re-evaluate my working methods. Spending five hours over the weekend designing a typeface, and eight hours typing up the stories, whilst useful, probably wasn't the best use of my time at this point, and have therefore decided NOT to laser cut.

Disappointing, but I feel that I need to spend my time more wisely getting the project completed- and working on my illustrative skills.

I feel that the black and white I originally chose will represent this classic, silhouette style and is appropriate for both the target audience and the range of books in the 200 BOOKS 200 SCHOOLS campaign which I am promoting.

TIME TO GET BUSY!


No comments:

Post a Comment